Amenities: Pool/Sauna/Locker Areas
The Pool is a beautiful six-lane natatorium that offers lap, competitive, fitness and learn to swim experiences. Bathing suits are required. Children under eight years of age must be accompanied in the water by a parent.
Only U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices are approved (floaties, armbands, and water wings are not permitted). For safety measures: masks, snorkels, and fins are not permitted.
Private swim lessons are available. Contact the Aquatics Office for more information. The pool is opened year-round, with scheduled closures for the swim team and occasionally other programs when advanced notice is posted.
The parts of the pool open for recreational swim are marked during the corresponding times. At least 2 lap lanes will be available unless otherwise noted. Note: If Level swim classes are being held, they will possibly be using lanes.
- Please shower with soap and water before using the pool.
- Children ages 8 and under must be accompanied by an adult guardian who is within an arms reach.
- An adult is any person ages 18 and up.
- No horseplay, riding on shoulders, excessive splashing or dunking is allowed.
- Inflatable items including inner tubes, rafts, water wings, etc. are not permitted.
- Only U.S. Coast Guard flotation devices may be used.
- No ball playing.
- For safety measures: masks, snorkels, and fins are not permitted (those swimming laps may use fins).
- Running, pushing, or throwing persons into the pool is not permitted.
- Starting blocks are for swim team use only.
- Pool equipment (kickboards, pull buoys, fins, aqua fitness belts, etc.) is reserved only for lap swimming and class use.
- Lap lanes are for those doing continuous back and forth swimming.
- Hanging on lane lines, stairs, and ladders is not permitted.
- Non-swimmers must stay in the shallow water.
- Infants and toddlers who are not toilet trained must wear specially made swim diapers. No disposable diapers are permitted in the pool.
- Diaper changing is not allowed at poolside. Please use changing tables in family locker room.
- Food and drink is not permitted on the pool deck (water in a plastic bottle is okay).
- A proper bathing suit is required. No underwear, cut off shorts or jeans are allowed.
Sauna and Steam Rooms
Saunas and steam rooms are provided in the men’s and women’s locker rooms. We ask that you use good locker room etiquette and towel off in designated drying areas. Each locker room is equipped with a steam room and sauna. No one under the age of 16 is allowed in the sauna or steam room.
The Rec offers spacious men’s and women’s locker rooms. We do not provide locks for the lockers, we, however, encourage you to bring your own. Due to heavy locker use, we do not allow locks to remain on overnight, although we do offer a locker rental feature. Please inquire at our Front Desk for more information.
The Rec is also equipped with a family dressing room. This dressing room is for family use only. The Rec encourages families with children six years of age and younger to use this room. The mother and/or father and/or legal guardian must be present in this room. Children seven years of age and older should use the same sex locker rooms.